Personal Attention. Powerful Results.
Welcome to the home of Eagle HR!
When Fern Hernberg established Eagle HR, Inc. in 2010, she did so based on a unique mission: to deliver exceptional talent management solutions through a combination of professional expertise, personal attention, and powerful results. What does this mean?
- Professional Expertise: Some HR consultants offer expensive retainers and cookie-cutter, “off-the-shelf” solutions, even as they assign inexperienced associates to manage your account. We don’t operate that way. We accept engagements only after ensuring that we have the expertise required to produce the desired results.
- Personal Attention: We deliver personal, customized service and are dedicated to the belief that each and every client – no matter how big or small – deserves our best efforts. We think of our clients as partners and treat them that way. From the outset, you will have a personal point of contact who will shepherd your project from start to finish.
- Powerful Results: Our programs are designed with both your short-term needs and long-term objectives in mind. Our aim is always to maximize our impact so the benefits you experience have a ripple effect throughout your organization for years to come. It is typical for us to deliver a product that you can continue to build on as your business changes and grows.
If you’d like to learn more about the Eagle HR experience – and who you will be working with if you engage with us – simply click on the profile of the team member you’d like to know more about. (And feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn while you’re there so we can ger to know you!)
Fern M. Hernberg, MSHR
President and CEO
Fern’s experience includes senior-level positions with Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Deloitte Services LP, and the USO. She also holds an undergraduate degree in Communication from the University of Delaware, a Master’s of Science in Human Resources from Loyola University Chicago, and is a graduate of the NOVA/Dulles Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Peer Mentoring Program. She is a member of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and a certified facilitator in a variety of industry-leading assessments and training programs, including:
- Association for Psychological Type International (APTi), Myers Briggs Type
- Indicator® (MBTI®)
- Roosevelt Thomas Consulting and Training (RTCT), Workplace Diversity™ (WD™)
- Interact, Performance Problem Solving for Managers
- Blanchard Training and Development, Situational Leadership
- Blanchard Training and Development, Situational Self Leadership
Fern is a proud member of the Vienna Business Association and Tysons Chamber of Commerce. She has served on the Board of Directors of the Main Street Child Development Center (Fairfax, Va.), an organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of limited-income working families in Northern Virginia. She also performs pro bono work for the Community Business Partnership (Springfield, Va.), providing HR counseling sessions for business owners and executives and leading their class on HR essentials.
Michele Moore, M.A., MHCS, SPHR
Her undergraduate and graduate degrees are in Psychology and Counseling respectively and she has served as an adjunct faculty member at numerous organizations, including the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Cornell University. Her specialties include focused work in the areas of organizational development, leadership acceleration, communication strategy, and employee engagement. She is proud of the partnerships she builds with her clients as an adviser, coach, and facilitator. Her 20+ years of experience and rapid advancement in the public and private sectors has included work with Accenture, Booz Allen Hamilton, the FBI, and the CIA.
Consultant and Executive Leadership Coach
Jonathan is a management consultant and executive leadership coach with over 20 years of experience working across sectors, including the U.S. federal government, higher education, nonprofit, retail, and financial services.
He has held leadership positions at multiple consulting firms, including Accenture. His consulting work focuses on a multitude of organizational and human resources challenges, including employee learning and development, organizational development, compensation, benefits, and performance management. His coaching approach helps leaders achieve their potential and optimize their performance and his clients have included CEOs, other senior executives, and emerging leaders from multiple industries.
Jonathan received his Bachelor of Business Administration from The George Washington University with a double concentration in Human Resource Management and Information Systems and a Minor in Psychology. He is passionate about and actively involved in multiple causes that include the Epilepsy Foundation of America’s Metro DC Chapter’s, where he serves on the Advisory Board. He has also supported the Foundation in various capacities over the past 10+ years, including receiving the Excellence in Partnership Award. He also holds a leadership position with The George Washington University’s Mentoring and Immersion Program for Consulting (MIPC) and actively supports the Anti-Defamation League, where he was a Glass Leadership Fellow. He lives in Washington, DC with his wife Julia and their two daughters, Naomi and and Josephine.
Human Resources Assistant
Mary Lowe is a dynamic and polished administrator who helps the Eagle HR team with all kinds of client support, including benefits administration, recruiting, employee handbook development, project support, and much more!
After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Anthropology, Spanish and Linguistics from the University of Delaware, she spent several years living and working abroad. During that time, she earned a Spanish certification from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) in Mexico City.
Upon returning to the US, Mary gained experience as a manager in the nonprofit and hospitality industries. She credits her professional success to her adaptability, communication skills, and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships. A native English speaker, Mary is fluent in Spanish reading, writing, and speaking and is currently in the process of becoming a state certified interpreter.